Friday 16 March 2012

My First School Camp Part 1

On the 14th to 16th of March, I went for my school's leadership training camp. It was three days and one night. We went to East Coast Park on the 14th of March and on the 15th and 16th, we stayed overnight in school. The camp was very fun, exciting and interesting, though at some parts, it was tiring. We learnt to work together as a team, speak confidently in public and develop leadership skills. 


14th of March 2012
We were going to build sandcastles at East Coast Park Castle Beach! :) I was immensely ecstatic when I heard that we were going to one of my favourite places - the beach! Unfortunately, I wasn't in the same team as one of my good friends, L. :( 
The weather was quite bad that day. The sky was brewing with dark, gloomy clouds threatening to rain. At twelve thirty when I reached school, it was already drizzling a little. We could still make the sandcastles but we must wear ponchos though. My group, White zone, was going to build how my school was going to look like thirty years later. We were in charge of creating our school's imaginary future boarding school and chapel. The boarding school was shaped like a rocket and the chapel was shaped like a moon. Our sandcastles also needed to be taller than 1 and a half metres, compared to my  usual tiny, 30 cm sandcastles. In fact, the sandcastles turned out better than I expected. :o
We started building our sandcastles at two o'clock sharp after being introduced to many different kinds of tools used to build them. We dug here and there, smoothened out the sand and built our sandcastles higher and higher. After three hours of hard work, we finally finished making our sandcastles. The sandcastles were brilliant, superb and wonderful. I think my group's rocket boarding school was over 2 metres tall! 
At five thirty, we went back to our school, tired but elated. That was the best sandcastle in my entire life that I ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment